Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Great Tip To Save Money and Make More Money on Advertising

I know I have been sending a lot of stuff at you lately, and sorry about that, but
as a valuable customer and reader, when I see something good, I just have to
share it.

I can easily say one of the biggest marketing ‘ace in the holes’ for me has been
writing advetorials. These are ad’s with an editorial tone…although with an underlying hook to get the readers addicted to your personality and information.

This is a slam dunk for quickly becoming your marketing obvious expert.

So much in fact that the other day I went to the post office in Stevensville MI, and when the lady asked me “Is there anything liquid, perishable or dangerous?”

I replied, “No and Yes, just a liquid nutrient”

Her reply…”Oh my God, it’s you….the natural Pharmacist” and gave me a high five..
She went on to tell me how much her and her co-workers miss the articles and how they used to read them together in a support group sort of way.

Now aside from making my day, BIG TIME…this made me realize the power of the written word

when it’s communicated properly.

You see, I stopped writing those articles ten months ago.

Anyhow I am now marketing for a local weight loss clinic, based on hCG in fact. And one of the things that I am doing is advertorial/article writing.

It turns out, after getting a hold of the media source (the paper in this case) they are giving me 1/4 page for 1/8 page price…since it’s an advertorial!

After hearing this, I called the media sources of the other clients I write articles for an for the hell of it, asked for a similar discount.

8 out of 10 complied!

Why? They are either seeing the tremendous value these types of articles bring in increasing readership…or they think ad’s are more valuable??????

Either case it’s a win win. And I know some of you might be thinking, “hey if you are writing articles, giving their readership information, it should be free”

Yes, if they hired me on as a staff writing and I was not allowed to promote or interject my clients personality.

You see, these types of articles do so much to create the ‘author’ as the obvious expert…increase sales, notoriety, and steal business from the competition. An article purely of editorial nature would just be the same pedantic b.s that only fills space.

Anyhow, there’s my tip. Consider ‘advertorials’, although call them ‘editorials’ to the media rep, and ask for a discount (or hire me)

Take care,

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment